The Health and Safety Educator Award is awarded to an educator who has demonstrated a commitment to the promotion and advancement of workplace health and safety. It is open to workplace and industry educators, community-based educators, teachers of students in Grades 9-12, and instructors and teachers at private colleges, universities and the Nova Scotia Community College.
For entry in this category, your submission must show how the Health and Safety Educator:
- Demonstrates commitment to creating a culture of workplace health, safety and injury prevention for Nova Scotian students, workers or workplaces.
- Demonstrates healthy and safe behaviour at the workplace, or school.
- Supports additional understanding of health and safety awareness and education.
- Goes above and beyond the curriculum requirements, learning outlines, or service-delivery expectations of the program/course to support effective learning outcomes.
The application must include:
- An outline of your training program curriculum.
- A copy of your organization’s occupational health and safety code of practice or program as required under Section 38 of the Occupational Health & Safety Act.
Award finalists may be visited by members of the judging panel to verify claims made in the proposals, and to gain further context.
Workers’ Compensation Board of NS
PO Box 1150
5668 South Street
Halifax, NS B3J 2Y2
E-mail to: email@example.com